Acceptance of Awards Terms and Conditions
By your acceptance of any portion of an award, you are certifying that you understand and agree to the terms of the award as listed below:
- Estimated awards are subject to revision upon review of the federal tax return data and other requested documents.
- You must promptly report in writing to the Office of Student Financial Assistance (OSFA) any changes in your or your family’s financial, marital, residency or academic status. Such changes may result in adjustments of awards previously offered.
- The amount of financial aid is subject to adjustment at any time if there are changes in family financial circumstances or if additional financial aid information warrants such adjustments.
- The most recent award notification supersedes any previous award information and cancels awards no longer listed.
- You must register for the required number of credits (usually full-time) by the end of each semester’s add/drop period. If not, the awards, even if accepted, will be cancelled.
- You must repay any loans advanced to you. When you graduate, withdraw, or cease to be at least half-time, you must make arrangements with your lender(s) for repayment of your loans.
- You are required to report any external (non-GW) financial assistance which you know you will receive or anticipate receiving for your attendance at GW. This includes any knowledge of eligibility for veterans’ education benefits or expectation to apply for specific chapters of veterans’ education benefits, as well as employer tuition benefits. Under federal law, veterans’ education benefits and ROTC funds are not considered as expected financial assistance or income for the calculation of eligibility for Title IV funds. Title IV regulation requires, however, that the Department of Defense Tuition Assistance Program, and the My Career Advancement Account (MyCAA) must be considered as a resource for Title IV eligibility. For GW institutional assistance, all resources received by an applicant are considered in eligibility evaluation.
- Private/endowed funds at the University require the submission of reports about individual recipients. If selected for these funds, your acceptance of the award will authorize the OSFA to inform donors of academic progress and activities.
- You authorize all awarded Title IV funds to be applied to any outstanding balance on your account, including any charges from previous semesters within the limits of federal regulations. You can cancel this authorization at any time by submitting a written request; otherwise this is valid for the entire period of enrollment at GW.