- GW Home
- Our Location
- Admissions & Aid
- GW Experience
- Faculty & Staff
What's on GWeb
The Financial Aid Menu on GWeb is organized into the following sections.
Cost of Attendance
Student-specific cost of attendance components and amounts. The components that make up a student's cost of attendance include:
- Books and Supplies
- Loan Origination Fee(s)
- Personal Expenses
- Room and Board
- Transportation Allowance
Student-specific requirements, holds, and academic progress statuses for effective terms.
- Student Requirements - The Student Requirements tab shows both outstanding and completed requirements (requested documents and/or forms) needed to complete a student’s financial aid application or to disburse awarded funds to a student's university account.
- Holds - Financial aid holds may be placed on a student's record to prevent financial aid from being awarded or disbursed. Students with financial aid holds should contact our office in order to resolve any issues and have the hold removed.
- Academic Progress - This section shows a students academic progress and is based on academic performance for each term that a student is enrolled. Progress towards the completion of a student's program is also a factor. Poor academic performance can affect eligibility for federal, state, and institutional financial assistance.
- Award By Aid Year – a student’s aid year specific awards. The Award by Aid Year section is the best place to start for students wishing to see the status of their financial aid application.
- Award History – a summary of all a student’s awards at GW to date
- Federal Stafford and Alternative Loan History – a summary of a student’s loan awards at GW to date
My Federal Work Study Information
Information about a student's earnings and balance of their Federal Work Study award.
Federal Shopping Sheet
Information about the Cost of Attendance and Aid that a student has been awarded provided in a standardized format which facilitates easy comparison with other higher education institutions.