Getting Assistance

The Office of Student Financial Assistance at GW provides assistance to both undergraduate and graduate students. Students who are enrolled in the Law School or MD Candidates in the School of Medicine and Health Sciences should contact their respective office for assistance.

How to Apply

Undergraduate and graduate students seeking financial assistance should follow the steps to begin the application process.

Eligibility Factors

Specific assistance types and award amounts are determined by a student’s individual eligibility factors.


Deadlines vary for new undergraduate, continuing undergraduate and graduate students.

Forms and Documents

Based on your circumstances, you may be required to submit all or some of the forms and documents to complete your financial assistance application. 

What's on GWeb

GWeb contains various information, including financial aid information and personal details, such as your address.