Policy - Verification of Overpaid Grant

Students who have received more federal grant money then they were eligible for must repay the surplus amount to the Department of Education (DE). Until satisfactory payment arrangements have been made either directly with DE or to the school where the grant was awarded, we will not be able to proceed processing the financial aid application. Once this situation has been resolved, the student must submit documentation from DE or the school in question so the Office of Student Financial Assistance can continue reviewing the financial aid application.